Friday, April 30, 2010

Typing from inside an APV

Remember the good 'ol days? Riding around with the top down, enjoying the sunshine, listening to music?
AC/DC, Van Halen, Dokken (Okay so maybe I am dating myself a bit) but anything that made you want to drive fast and avoid the cops...
All gone. All because someone let the genie out of the bottle. Whichever genie and bottle that was...
Now I'm stuck behind four inches of plate steel in a rumbling diesel monstrosity, that may get up to 50 MPH on a good day and down hill...
All these deaders crowding the highways to get here...almost wish I had some napalm, but nah, fires are harder to put out now without a lot of running water. Ever wonder why they follow the roads? Old memory? Instinct? Found one the other day just sitting in a car, twisting the wheel and trying to start it. We were going to shut the door and bolt it shut, but the damn thing started blowing the horn. Now that will get you noticed. I put a 9mm in his head through the window. Of course he just slumped onto the wheel and the horn kept blowing... some days are just not worth getting out of bed for. I had to use my rifle to push the body back in the seat. Took a few minutes of cleaning to get the blood off my barrel I can tell you.
Stopping now, gotta go. My guys tell me we have contact just outside of Lexington. Damn, this place is like the mall in 'Dawn of the Dead'. Well to be honest it was like that before it all went to shit.
They're coming from Winchester. We were there a few weeks back, 'appropriated' A lot of AR-15s from J&T Distributing, home of the DoubleStar. I would have thought a lot of the locals would have raided the place more thoroughly than that, but well their loss is our gain.
Over.

No comments:

Post a Comment