Monday, May 17, 2010

Someone has a case of the Mondays

Nothing exciting so far today, so I will just hit a few high points.
We started pouring are ‘Giant Jersey’ walls today after the fog left. Nothing makes it more like a horror film than the creeping fog before the sun burns through. We have repaired the gates as best we could without more parts. My Dad wants us to make him a machine shop so we can build our own parts and things when we need it. We (I) had to turn him down, as we just don’t have the room or the equipment at the moment. The Major said we were planning to annex the building ‘next door’ to us, about 200 feet to our left, but it was an old factory and FULL of broken windows, would take weeks just to get the first floor secure. But much of the equipment is still serviceable and since we still have power it will mostly likely all work.
Up and across the road from us is an old Coca-Cola bottling plant. All concrete block and huge vehicle bays, this is our next annex, but I do not like splitting our people up too much. We just need more help is all. Come one, come all, we have plenty of room for expansion, just ignore the walking dead.

John, J.T. and crew just got back with a 6X6 loaded with firearms from Cook’s Collectibles, a local pawn shop. He had more weapons in one place than I had seen, including a few gun shows. He had been raided but we were looking for shotguns, so we got them and everything that was left, including a few unexpected surprises. They went back out a little later and raided Curtsinger’s outfitters. It had mostly fishing supplies but I remembered they had a shit load of bows and arrows. They grabbed what was left, which was still a good amount and some scent masking liquids to see if the Zs could be fooled. Unfortunately neither place had much ammo left; we did get a few hundred shotgun shells, mostly skeet or bird shot though. Not much damage to a person unless real close. That’s Dad’s new job, reloading the shotgun shells. John stopped long enough at Ace hardware to grab a few boxes of ball bearings so now we are turning bird shot into buck shot. It’s going to look a little kludged, but they should work. I guess bow hunting school starts soon. I used to be pretty good at shooting targets, but man, shooting something in the head that is coming to eat you puts a whole new spin on things.

Doc is still studying the left-over’s from the Kurt incident, and from what he can tell there are definitely two strains of the virus. Scary stuff that. I tend to stay away and always ask he wash his hands before he inspects my leg. I worry about the guy but it’s good he has a hobby I guess. I am up and about again today the leg seems to be holding me much better and I am no longer dizzy. John has been bugging me to come out with him doing a patrol of the town looking for survivors. I was vetoed by the Major and Odessa. So for now either J.T. puts up with his dad or poor Jake when he is not busy instructing wannabe snipers.

The Prisoners. Funny to say that in print. We have yet to check their information out completely, but Jake’s guys say they can see some activity that way. So far none have died from their wounds and we are keeping them feed, probably better than they were before.
We have been meeting to try to decide what to do with them. One faction says shoot them even if the information is good. One just wants them to go or ask them to join us. The last option is turn them loose naked into the wild. Josh’s group had a situation where they had to let people go from their Compound. I have two things to say. One; an enemy killed today cannot kill your friends later. Two; they know your base and have inside intel on how things work and what your assets are. I am not sure I could kill them by hand (Knife, baseball bat) like some said should be done, but I could be convinced to use a gun. I don’t know, moral issues are not my thing. I am not religious, never had a thought either way about it.

Well, that’s all I can think about today.
Over.

No comments:

Post a Comment